A noobs journey with Faceswap.

Discussions about research, Faceswapping and things that don't fit in the other categories here.

sergor

A noobs journey with Faceswap.

Post by sergor »

Hey all,

First I needed a new PC - so being on AMD RYZEN 5 1600 32GB MEM, Gigabyte D450 as MB and sadly for now a Geforce 1050TI (only 4MB VRAM) - it started.

1) Extracting is the Alpha-Omega to make the AI able to train a model. Manual alignment is killing me as it puts the face on everywhere else but the face. (Landmarks warping). Noticed after the latest update.

2) The sorting - if you follow the flow verbatum - it should rename your files back to the original (after deletion and the Remove Frames) - except - it now doesn't anymore. Also after latest update.

Reading through the boards has enlightened a few issues that I noticed I myself had and Faceswap runs smoothly. I took a bad training set just to see how the model would train - and you should - because it gives you an insight to what it actually computes and what is just considered bad data.

I have yet to train a model fully. For AMD users I suggest you always check if you AMD-V or SMV (newer chipsets) is on and that Windows has downloaded virtual environment. I'm on Win10 Home.

As the manual says pay no attention to the 0.XXXXX when model is training. When drops from, example could be 0.18000 to 0.4900 it simply means the AI is still in school and learning. But you should have at least 5000 x 2 images (A->B) - well at least that is my own experience - thus far.

I may have missed some vital info - if so feel free to point it out.

/sergor

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: A noobs journey with Faceswap.

Post by torzdf »

sergor wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:08 am

1) Extracting is the Alpha-Omega to make the AI able to train a model. Manual alignment is killing me as it puts the face on everywhere else but the face. (Landmarks warping). Noticed after the latest update.

2) The sorting - if you follow the flow verbatum - it should rename your files back to the original (after deletion and the Remove Frames) - except - it now doesn't anymore. Also after latest update.

Can you clarify on these? There have been no updates pushed which would impact these.

My word is final

sergor

Post by sergor »

Sure [mention]torzdf[/mention],

See update below regarding return to original (sorting, deletion):

Manual Alignment - if you skip to a frame where it first did not find a face - then you have the option to use the mouse by click to move the box placing the landmarks. I fail to place the landmarks correctly With a click it simply looks like I'm connecting the dots of a roundabout.

If you need technical data, you'll need to explain to me (like a 3yr-old) how to provide that.

/sergor

Update: 25-02-2020 1856 PM : It has now returned all frames to original - I cannot tell you what the difference is as I have done the EXACT same thing every time - so I rule out the program - and blame it on internal result/glitch!

Update: 25-02-2020 1856 : Alignment tool no difference in landmark alignment.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

The manual tool is currently undergoing a hefty overhaul, so I won't be bugfixing I'm afraid.

My word is final

sergor

Post by sergor »

torzdf wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:15 pm

The manual tool is currently undergoing a hefty overhaul, so I won't be bugfixing I'm afraid.

@torzdf After the update I'm discovering two sets of error - first is that when cleaning up it gives the error "There are faces not in alignments file...etc"... I run the "left-over faces" - runs without error. But when I try to "remove-faces" it crashes out.

I can tell from the readme.md on Git - that there were changes done - but I can't pin it to my current errors. Ideas?

/Sergor