1 click button - New Project Directory (Suggestion)

Discussions about research, Faceswapping and things that don't fit in the other categories here.

Dan

1 click button - New Project Directory (Suggestion)

Post by Dan »

PART 1 / 3

Me Again with another suggestion (doing my best to help Faceswap get more awesome!)

Since I came from DeepFacelab I can give an example of how it's done there so the developer will probably get the idea right away.

So, in DFL you have a 1 click (.bat file) as a shortcut to create a directory with the basic directories structure, obviously the workflow is different and all you need is 1 main directory and 3 sub directories:
[img=

Last edited by Dan on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Re: 1 click button - New Project Directory (Suggestion)

Post by Dan »

PART - 2 / 3
I didn't realize the forum won't let me continue write after adding an image (bug?) so I continue in parts

Even that Faceswap workflow is different, I found a way of SIMPLE to follow structure of directories,
The thing is that I always create them by myself, I have an empty structure of them as template, I copy / paste and rename the MAIN folder to: "Facewap Project Name" and inside there are all the sub-directories that GREAT to work with when a user is already familiar with extracting, training and converting steps.

This is what I use for EVERY Faceswap project to keep things organized:
[img=

Last edited by Dan on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Post by Dan »

PART - 3 / 3

-=FINAL=- is where the FINAL file after converting should be, the final result.

DST_Input__VIDEO is where the VIDEO you want to extract the faces from (faces you want to swap with another) + it also keep the created alignment files in this directory.

DST_Output is where you extract the original video that you want to use. (BEFORE you swap faces)

MODEL is where you save / use the model for the project

SRC_Input__IMAGES is where you put the IMAGES (or video), usually the FACES that will replace the ORIGINAL video + it also keep the created alignment files in this directory.

SRC_Output is where you extract the FACES from the "SRC_Input_IMAGES" to get the

I'm using the above structure for the last couple of weeks and it is MUCH easier to handle any project consider Facewap ask for many different directories when preparing.
This is the REASON why I have a preset file with ALL my default presets: "MyProject---001.fsw" so I don't even need to re-enter the directories again.

All I have to do is to copy the VIDEO files or IMAGES to the correct sub-directories, load the preset .fsw file and start tweaking the details.

There are some changes in directories when doing different tasks of course, but it's easier to find them with that structure from my experience so far, and I'm still a noob in Faceswap, but I'm sharing this because it works.

:idea: Developer Part - The Suggestion:
Since I'm not a programmer I don't know how to do these things, so I would like to explain 2 options for future version of Facewap:

1 - It will be simple to just add .bat file like in DFL to create a "READY-TO-USE" Directory Structure + Preset File.
2 - Since Faceswap is MUCH MORE USER-FRIENDLY with an interface, it's possible to just add a button from the software itself to create it, so it can ask you to choose a directory, and once you choose it. it will CREATE the MAIN project file and it's sub-directories there... all this, in one click.

It could be a "New Project" and it will ask you where to put the Main directory consider you will make more than one directory, so it won't overwrite each other.

I hope to see this feature in the future of Faceswap it could make things so much easier and simple especially for newcomers who get lost or scared away from all the files and where to put them.

Once again, thanks ahead for everything you do and keep up the good work!

• Sorry about my bad English
bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

Many users have different storage methodologies for their data. Because of this, we don't force a process on the users. For example, my own data is sorted by the following folder set

Datasets

• Actor_A
  • Actor_B
    ** Movie_1
    ** Movie_2
  • Actor_C

Models

• Actor_A-Actor_B
  • Actor_A-Actor_C

However, some people use different layouts.

We DO create the model folder and checkpoints automatically, so it's not really a process there. If you feel that a folder structure like DFL's works best for you, I'd recommend modifying the DFL bat file. Since that file should be usable for FS just fine, you can just copy it into the Faceswap folder and use it or modify it to your needs.

We do welcome suggestions like this, but since many users use different structures we can't really accommodate all of them, so we welcome our users to come up with their own best way of storing their data and we'll keep this suggestion in mind for our future "projects" style interfaces.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Thank you for considering this for a future version!

For now, I made a simple bath file (1 click) that will make some users life easier.

1. Download this BAT file to your PC
2. Put the BAT file on your main root FaceSwap project directory
3. If you have a different structure or names, simply EDIT the file and rename the directories.
4. Run the Bat file, press space to create the Project Name Directory, and press again to close the CMD window.

Make sure to rename the created project directory before you start working on your project.
I hope this helps until we'll have something built in, it sure save time compare to do this manually every time.

Have Fun! :)