How to make a faceswap app like ZAO

Discussions about research, Faceswapping and things that don't fit in the other categories here.

fbsray

How to make a faceswap app like ZAO

Post by fbsray »

An app named 'ZAO' become popular in recent days. It only required user upload one photo and then swap the face into specific videos. I wonder if we can use deepfakes to do this. I've tried deepfakes for several times , it needs a lot of photos and sometimes the face is obviously fake because the color of skin or the light angle in original photos. I've seen some videos created by ZAO, most are quited good. Are there someone who can upgrade deepfakes to do things like ZAO or can discuss how to do that?

If you want to try ZAO, be careful that the user agreement requires you to totally authorize the app to use your face, it may cause some issues.

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: How to make a faceswap app like ZAO

Post by bryanlyon »

Zao isn't really deepfakes but is a morph based face mixing more like ganimation or Samsung's few shot. They look good enough on cellphone sized videos but generally don't scale well.

That said, we're not really in competition with them and see faceswap filling different needs so won't be trying to match Zao in any way.