Merge or Split

Discussions about research, Faceswapping and things that don't fit in the other categories here.

gwyneth4320

Merge or Split

Post by gwyneth4320 »

Is it recommended that i merge extracted images and alignments into 1 folder (20k+ images and growing if i were to add more in the future) or should i just keep them parts by parts (maybe 3 different video extracted per folder - up to 10k images only).

The idea was to use those extracted images for future use (easily accessed through folders). Am i right to think this way, that the more images i extract and compile for use in training the better/more accurate it is?

Thanks in advance

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Merge or Split

Post by torzdf »

It's really up to you how you keep your facesets.

Personally, I don't keep face sets around as they take up space and are easily regeneratable. I just keep an alignments file (cleansed) and a video. If I'm really lucky, I'll have used some of those videos for conversion, so I will have every face aligned, but sure, you could keep adding faces and merging alignments files. Whatever works best for you.

gwyneth4320 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:32 pm

The idea was to use those extracted images for future use (easily accessed through folders). Am i right to think this way, that the more images i extract and compile for use in training the better/more accurate it is?

To a point. Quality + Variety is the most important thing. Lots of very similar images are going to bring you little gain.

My word is final