Would it be possible to produce a simplified guide?

Discussions about research, Faceswapping and things that don't fit in the other categories here.

Boogie

Would it be possible to produce a simplified guide?

Post by Boogie »

I have a low iq and have been unable to understand the existing guides. I have read the guides on extracting and training multiple times and still don't get it. They are just too long and by the time I've read halfway thru I forget what I read at the beginning. It's also not clear what steps of the guide are mandatory to do every time, and what are optional, and when to use what options. Would it be possible to produce a really simple guide that only tells you the bare minimum that you need to know to swap faces in a series of images? Or would such a guide not be possible due to the complicated nature of this software?

Thanks

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Would it be possible to produce a simplified guide?

Post by torzdf »

We very much welcome community contributions.

This isn't something I'm going to have time to do. The sad fact is that AI is a complicated process, and whilst Faceswap attempts to simplify access to certain aspects of it, it will never aim to be a "one click solution".

My word is final

Boogie

Post by Boogie »

I may have spoken too soon, I did manage to get through the extraction, training, and convert steps yesterday. I had to read and re-read the guides multiple times and still understand only a small percentage of what this software can do, but I guess with enough effort it's possible to get started. My results don't look that great but I think that's cause I didn't let the trainer run long enough.

hydrobones

Post by hydrobones »

yeah once you use it enough you start to get the hang of it, just like starting anything else trying to self teach. it was quite hard to wrap my head around this new mystery tech.

turns out every error i had, was always my fault lol.