This forum/guides has been super helpful

Discussions about research, Faceswapping and things that don't fit in the other categories here.

Meatloaf

This forum/guides has been super helpful

Post by Meatloaf »

Hey all, I hope this general chat is right place to give you little praise.

Yesterday I finished my first deepfakes/faceswaps. It all started when one of our friends sent a picture where he looks bit like local artist. That made me think if I could make some low quality faceswap with my home computer. So I found this software and gave it a try. I fed AI few music videos and short video from our friend. And it worked, I mean really worked. Data was not the best I could imagine, but in some parts it is really hard to tell if video is fake or not. Some parts are nightmare fuel tho, but of course there is room to improve.

But back to topic: These guides were one of the easiest to follow I have encountered. Whoever wrote those needs medal or something. I know thing or two about computers, but video/image manipulation and AI/NN are total new area to me. I had almost zero issues with software, and all problems were solved in five minutes by looking help from this forum. And seriously, how many softwares actually tell you what to try when there is error? At some point I got some error, and there is suggestion in logs to try smaller batchsize. And it worked. Amazing.

I had ton of fun and we all had good laugh when I sent those videos to our friends. This project made me (and hopefully my friends too) think how much we can trust videos these days. I was able to pull this off with basic gaming setup (Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2060, 16Gb RAM) and without prior knowledge of topic at all. Even the data was decent at best, some Youtube to mp4 -videos and 10 second video (174 pictures) from our friend. Wonder what you can do if you actually have resources and knowledge about topic. Scary.

Thanks for anyone involved in this software/guides/forum, good job. I learned a lot and my friends had good time too.

Edit: wrong stats about my computer

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: This forum/guides has been super helpful

Post by bryanlyon »

Those guides were all torzdf. He's also the lead dev, so yeah, the guides are great.. Glad you had a good experience!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: This forum/guides has been super helpful

Post by torzdf »

Thanks, it's nice to get some love back :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the software.

My word is final