tattoo removal? GANs?

Talk about AI and Deep Learning

korrupt78

tattoo removal? GANs?

Post by korrupt78 »

Has anyone attempted to use deep learning for tattoo removal? And if so, has anyone packaged that tech up in a convenient tool like faceswap?

Also, is this an appropriate forum to discuss creating original faces with generative antagonistic networks?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: tattoo removal? GANs?

Post by torzdf »

As to your first question, I have no knowledge of anything like that, although there are no AI Tools packaged up like Faceswap that I know of.

As to your second, yes, absolutely :)

My word is final

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

Best way that I can think of to do tattoo removal in AI would be a Tattoo detection model followed by a patch redrawing (infill) network. But like Torzdf said, I'm unaware of any complete packages that do it.

korrupt78

Post by korrupt78 »

torzdf wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:33 pm

As to your second, yes, absolutely :)

Cool. I just finished chapter 3 of Deep Learning Illustrated by Jon Krohn, which introduced me to GANs, which blew my mind. In terms of what's relevant to faceswapping, the possibility of being able to autogenerate completely original faces free of legal and ethical encumbarance is very exciting.

Has anyone packaged up any GAN-based face-generation tool? (The Natural Neural Network in my head is guessing "no" based on your previous statements.)

Also, more useful than generating a 2D face would be generating a 3D face model, which could then be posed and lit in any configuration to fit the frame being converted during a faceswap. I'm hoping the CS rocket scientists are already on that...

bryanlyon wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:35 pm

Best way that I can think of to do tattoo removal in AI would be a Tattoo detection model followed by a patch redrawing (infill) network. But like Torzdf said, I'm unaware of any complete packages that do it.

Oh well. I don't foresee having the knowledge and experience to attempt it myself for a very long time. I'll keep an eye out in the meantime for announcements.

bryanlyon
Site Admin

Post by bryanlyon »

For faces, yes. https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/ shows a good example of it. They've also got information on how and what they're doing.

For generating new faces, GANs are great. But it's outside the domain of faceswap, which focuses on identity swapping.

korrupt78

Post by korrupt78 »

faceswap(real1,real2) = identity swapping
faceswap(real1,fake1) = ethical identity hiding

Imagine being able to vlog or stream about sensitive political topics with the full range of human facial expressions but without showing your face.

bryanlyon
Site Admin

Post by bryanlyon »

Not saying that you can't do it or that there is no value, just that it's out of scope for faceswap. Feel free to download StyleGan if you want to try face generation.