Swap facial feature with non-existing person

Talk about AI and Deep Learning

mobswapper

Swap facial feature with non-existing person

Post by mobswapper »

Hi,

I am new to all of this. So, apologies if this question is totally stupid.
I would like to shoot a video altering the face (obviously). However, rather than doing a straight swap, I would like to just change the features -- for example (and it's my real use cases) make eyes bigger, and nose smaller. It will still look like the original face (more or less) but not quite.

The only way I can think of doing this is by getting a sample of photos of the original person, and then train the system with the same sample photoshopped. However, this would be difficult at best since each editing will be done by hand.

Is this something that is already been toyed with?

Thanks.

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Swap facial feature with non-existing person

Post by bryanlyon »

This is not something that Faceswap currently supports, but parts of what you say is feasible. I don't expect that we'll be adding this feature itself, but it's certainly possible to modify how alignment happens to focus on different parts of the face. That said, you'll never be able to use Faceswap to copy a feature from a non-existing person (unless you have a lot of data). For example, if you wanted to swap Rosa in something else with her from Alita, you could do that now. If you only wanted to focus on her eyes, that's possible, but not currently supported. If you wanted to copy a feature from thispersondoesnotexist I'm afraid that's not really feasible.

mobswapper

Post by mobswapper »

Actually swapping specific features would most likely do the trick for me. But, as far as I can tell, this is not supported currently -- is that right?

Three questions:

• Is this something that MIGHT be supported in the future?
  • Is there any chance I could make a bounty for this to be supported?
  • Do you know of any other software that does? (Sorry, I had to ask...)

Thanks!

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

It's certainly possible for it to be supported, just not an easy add. You're welcome to provide a PR (or a bounty) for it, but no guarantees on that as it'll probably take a bit of work throughout the chain to support it, and remember that compositing is the hardest task (and why we use the full face, as that's easier to composite back).