Help for my thesis - carrying out a deep fake in a Zoom meeting

Talk about AI and Deep Learning

Deca

Help for my thesis - carrying out a deep fake in a Zoom meeting

Post by Deca »

Hi community

I am studying business informatics in the 10th semester and I’m at the end of my studies. I am currently working on my bachelor thesis on "AI-supported media manipulation - prevention strategy for deepfakes in university exams" and would like to present a demo case in my thesis and in my colloquium. Therefore, I am looking for software that enables me to do it in a Zoom Meeting to carry out a deepfake based on FaceSwap and Voice Cloning.
Since I think to be among the experts in Faceswap, I would be happy if someone could give me tips on how to get such a demo case as good as possible.

My aim here is not to falsify a digital exam, but to show what is technically possible and what preventive measures are available from a university's perspective.

I would be very happy if you would support me.
Thank you and best regards

Marcel Steinmetz

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Help for my thesis - carrying out a deep fake in a Zoom meeting

Post by bryanlyon »

Faceswap is really not suitable for real time swaps. It's not what we built it for and it generally wont provide a smooth experience. That said, there is an older repo that supported it https://github.com/alew3/faceit_live . Currently you'll probably get closer to realtime results with something like https://github.com/alievk/avatarify . HOWEVER it's important to note that Zoom specifically blocks software webcam solutions so you may have some problems doing that.

Voice cloning is really not feasible with today's capabilities. Time sequences (such as audio) is just not something that AI does a great job with at this time. That said, you could try https://github.com/keithito/tacotron which is the current "best" voice cloning that I'm aware of. I do think it sounds like a glorified speak-and-spell however.

Deca

Post by Deca »

Thank you bryanlyon for your tips!
I will try it with your tips and will present my result here :)

Deca

Post by Deca »

Maybe someone else have any other ideas I could test?

Lucatiel

Post by Lucatiel »

Hmmm, to be honest I have been very surprised by your bachelor thesis. I mean, that sort of a thematic is really impressive, and not that easy to realize. Now when I think about my bachelor thesis, I am kind of ... ashamed as my thematic was waaay more simple and there was nothing that sofisticated about it. My younger sister is working on her bachelor thesis right now and she is so stressed out. Mostly she is stressed as she has to present it via zoom. Their university was actually one of the first in the country to get zoom integration from [mod]Removed Link[/mod], that makes it even easier to work on zoom.