help- picking next gpu for trainings

Talk about Hardware used for Deep Learning

4dv3

help- picking next gpu for trainings

Post by 4dv3 »

Hey guys.

So im having a hard time deciding which would be the best GPU for my build. RTx 30xx series launched and while i know they are not 100% supported yet, i cant decide which to get a 3080, or the 3090.
I know the higher end models require as much vram as possible but would a rtx 3080 be able to handle models like the villain and other demanding stuff? im not sure if 10 gb is ok. I think im ok with the time needed for these models as long as the GPU is able to handle it.

So what do you guys think? Is the 3080 enough for any model/task no matter the time spent on trainings? or is the 24gb worth the double price? 3080 or 3090 for villains??

Also when do you guys think these cards will be 100% supported? because i was looking at a prebuilt computer with a 2070 super and if i get it i could start working right away, as opposed to getting the new cards with no full support, i wonder if support is coming very soon taht way i can just go for a 30xx card.

Please help me, any advice, thank you

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: help- picking next gpu for trainings

Post by torzdf »

3080 will run all current models just fine.

You can run all models on a 2060 super, so no problems with 3080.

We don't support 3xxx series at all at the moment. This is entirely because we need to wait for Tensorflow to release a supported version. Once that is done, we will look to implement.

My word is final

4dv3

Re: help- picking next gpu for trainings

Post by 4dv3 »

thank you so much for helping , so i should just fine with a 3080.