FaceSwap with GPU

Talk about Hardware used for Deep Learning

SafemoonUnited

FaceSwap with GPU

Post by SafemoonUnited »

Hi, I am a new bee

I am sorry being ignorance regarding the question I am about to ask,

I am not a kind of Geek person, so I am seeking some suggestions and possible advices,

I have got some computer with i9 intel 10th generation CPU with Nvidia 3090 24gb GPU

My concern is, I am an amateur person trying to create a fun project with Face Swap app,

Whenever I start this App my GPU fan goes mad, Spins so fast, I have to cover my ears in order to reduce loudness

Questions are?... is it normal? Will it do any harm to GPU (new computer, don’t want it to get damaged)? Any way to tweak it to slow the speed down?

by the way, in case you may need to know details of computer, it is HP OMEN 30L Gaming PC - Intel Core i9 RTX 3090

Thanks for your support

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: FaceSwap with GPU

Post by torzdf »

The loudness will depend on the GPU/fan profile etc. Using FS should not cause any lasting damage.

Machine Learning is GPU intensive. Your GPU is going to be running constantly at maximum when doing any Machine Learning work. There is no real direct way to control this, but you can look at downloading MSI Afterburner to underclock or adjust your fan profile.

ML should not cause any lasting damage to your GPU. I have never heard of it doing so. However, this is with the caveat that this statement is not a guarantee in any sense of the word, and anything you do with your own GPU is at your own risk.

My word is final