Problems with training

Talk about Hardware used for Deep Learning

BEYYYTA

Problems with training

Post by BEYYYTA »

I am new to using faceswap and have just started training on my RX580 Gpu, everything was running fine until about ten minutes in to training; my monitor wasn't receiving any input but my pc was still running and from what i could tell, was still training as the fans were running at the same volume. I tested if it was any faulty hardware but both times i trained it would do this and the only way to get my monitor to display was to restart my pc and subsequently to stop the training.
Does anyone have an idea of how i would fix this issue?

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Problems with training

Post by bryanlyon »

Unfortunately this is probably deep inside the card and not something we can stop easily. A couple of ideas: chances are that the screen is still on under your nonworking monitor. If you have another computer, you could use a remote desktop to log in and click the "stop" button. You could enable the preview which shows a screen where you can hit "enter" to end training. You could also use Faceswap from a command line where you could press ctrl-c to stop training. Hopefully if the training stopped the monitor would come back on. If not, there really isn't anything else we can do.