System Ram

Talk about Hardware used for Deep Learning

Antipope1

System Ram

Post by Antipope1 »

Hi all.

I was just wondering, on what part of the faceswap process system ram is used, and what would be improved by increasing ram?
I currently have 8gb system ram and have just ordered 32gb (2x16gb), I know what effect that would have on gaming and the pc in general, I'm curious as to what I can expect from faceswap with the extra.

And the same with the processor? I have a ryzen 3 2200, and I'm patiently waiting for amazon prime day or cyber Monday so the price has lowered and I can use that as an excuse to myself to spend more on my pc!
What sort of things within faceswap would I possibly expect to improve?

The beginning of the end.
bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: System Ram

Post by bryanlyon »

Can't say what it'll do for gaming, but for Faceswap, most operations wont change at all. Sort or some other functions may be slightly faster but FS is designed to work on 8gb, so that's actually plenty.

abigflea
Answers: 2

Re: System Ram

Post by abigflea »

100% agree with bryanlyon .
I have 32GB because I end up with 15 tabs open on Chrome and Netflix playing in the background, while editing and distilling video clips.. and FS running 2 separate instances, normally 16GB would be fine for all that mess.

What would be useful is being able to add memory to my video cards like I do a laptop :-)

:o I dunno what I'm doing :shock:
2X RTX 3090 : RTX 3080 : RTX: 2060 : 2x RTX 2080 Super : Ghetto 1060