Hello.

If you want to introduce yourself and say hello, this is the place to do it.

probably_a_placebo

Hello.

Post by probably_a_placebo »

I just registered today and thought I'd say hi.

I've had an interest in all things CGI and VFX for a while now and I've been using software like Blender as a hobbyist for a few months doing camera tracking etc.

I'm yet to really touch on deep learning etc to accomplish things and I thought FaceSwap looked like as good a place as any to start.
Thanks to the guides on this forum I've extracted my first set of images, trained my first model and converted it to a video.
for a first effort the results look fantastic but there is still room for improvement on my part.
I have to say that my first experiments with the software have really hammered home the need to build a relevant face set to train the model.

I plan to make face swap videos purely as entertainment to post on my youtube channel I started very recently.

I've a ton of questions which I'll post later on in the relevant forum sections and I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the FaceSwap community.

Thanks to the creators and maintainers of the software, you're doing a great job :D

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Hello.

Post by torzdf »

Welcome to the forum! It's good to have you along!

Most people's first attempts (including mine) are shockingly woeful, so you are already ahead of the curve ;)

My word is final

probably_a_placebo

Re: Hello.

Post by probably_a_placebo »

torzdf wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:35 am

Welcome to the forum! It's good to have you along!

Most people's first attempts (including mine) are shockingly woeful, so you are already ahead of the curve ;)

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm pretty sure it's down to luck and choosing a decent set of faces.
Both sets had dissimilar lighting but it was consistent throughout, They both feature similar angles although set B is a fair bit closer to the camera.

My second swap isn't turning out so well.
After 10k iterations (I know, not nearly enough), my 1st swap looked great and very passable.
My second swap is on 20k and doesn't look half as good using the same options from extract through convert.

I've shelved the 2nd swap for now, I'm pretty sure if I let it run it will improve but at the moment I'm letting the 1st swap train a bit more.
I'm interested to see how much quality I can eek out of it.
With the way it looks at 10k I'm quite hopeful.

When it's done i'll post it in the showcase section.

[EDIT] I've read on the forum that I can export the face with alpha which will be awesome for compositing any frames which have a tendency to flicker. The more I read about FaceSwap the more awesome I think it is![EDIT]