Other cloud computing hosts beside GCE?

Want to use Faceswap in The Cloud? This is not directly supported by the Devs, but you may find community support here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

NB: The Devs do not directly support using Cloud based services, but you can find community support here.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

oneskinndavey

Other cloud computing hosts beside GCE?

Post by oneskinndavey »

Hey All!

Super thankful for all the advice on here - I am testing...a LOT of stuff for some clients - but wanted to harness some cloud services to see how much faster/more efficient they are then our work systems. I currently have 3 workstations (with 2080/2080ti and a 1080ti) with pretty beefy CPUs and a laptop with a 2070. They are cruising along just fine, but I have some tight "testing" periods where a client would like to know feasibility.

I have a google cloud account but didn't realize I need to update a quota for the V100 Teslas - I requested it but have not received the update yet - are there any other reputable/good cloud providers that are as easy/fast to setup as GCE for this kind of stuff?

I have a lot of credits for GCE and the tutorial seems very easy to follow - but I was hoping to test over the weekend and report back by Monday!

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Other cloud computing hosts beside GCE?

Post by bryanlyon »

You can use any cloud computing companies. You definitely want to find one with a GPU. V100 may be excessive and many of the cloud services can be quite protective of their instances with them. I'd recommend looking for a T4 or other lower end card instead if you can. They tend to be easier to get approved and find availability but still provide good speed and power.