Run Faceswap on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure

Want to use Faceswap in The Cloud? This is not directly supported by the Devs, but you may find community support here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

NB: The Devs do not directly support using Cloud based services, but you can find community support here.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

mariapatelkou

Run Faceswap on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure

Post by mariapatelkou »

Dear Faceswap community,

I recently posted a blog about running deepfake workloads with Faceswap on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and how long it takes to finish training the AI model when using different OCI compute shapes (CPU vs GPU).

https://blogs.oracle.com/ai-and-datasci ... ke-example

For the individual steps to set up and run Faceswap on OCI, check out our Oracle Live Lab:
https://apexapps.oracle.com/pls/apex/db ... 8486426926

You can run your Faceswap workloads using the 30-day free Oracle Cloud trial where all available VM and BMs instances can be tested. If you want to test the GPU offering, you can upgrade your Oracle Cloud account to the PAYG offering.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
Maria

torzdf
Answers: 155

Re: Run Faceswap on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure

Post by torzdf »

Hi Maria

Thanks for this. I saw your email, but got a bit waylaid, so haven't had a chance to respond.

A couple of bits of feedback:

Cuda/cuDNN does not need to be installed manually (in fact it's an obsolete step, as the version of Cuda you install is not the version we ultimately use). If using the .sh installer (as your instructions indicate) then Cuda/cuDNN/Tensorflow is all handled within the Conda environment.

Secondly, Faceswap is not a GAN ;)

Thanks

My word is final

mariapatelkou

Re: Run Faceswap on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure

Post by mariapatelkou »

Many thanks for your feedback.
As I had some issues to get the faceswap training model to utilize the GPU due to the version of CUDA that works with Tensorflow, I had to install the matching version of CUDA for Tensorflow myself. That is why I added the step, but if it is not necessary, the user may skip it.
Sorry for the mistake, that I wrote that Faceswap is a GAN! I will try to correct it in the blog.