Doubts about the use of google colab

Want to use Faceswap in The Cloud? This is not directly supported by the Devs, but you may find community support here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

NB: The Devs do not directly support using Cloud based services, but you can find community support here.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

locomia

Doubts about the use of google colab

Post by locomia »

Hi, I wanted to ask a couple of questions I have regarding the use of google colab. When I use a notebook prepared from a link from github, faceswap or deepfacelab, google warns me that the notebook could send information to github. I am afraid that my personal facesets will end up being shared on the internet. Do you think it is safe?

On the other hand, do you think Google monitors the personal information we use on Colab?

Thank you very much!

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Doubts about the use of google colab

Post by bryanlyon »

We have no official notebook for Colab and cannot provide assurances that it isn't doing anything malicious (same as Google themselves, hence that warning).

If you're worried you can audit the notebook code yourself or follow a guide for the official version on a bare server.