UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp950' codec can't decode byte 0x8c in position 68: illegal multibyte sequence

Got questions or tips about the Conversion process? This is the place to discuss them.

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Converting faces from your trained model.

If you are having issues with the Convert process not working as you would expect, then you should post in the Convert Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

cwa20131016@gmailcom

UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp950' codec can't decode byte 0x8c in position 68: illegal multibyte sequence

Post by cwa20131016@gmailcom »

Please help!
I can't convent my video and I don't know why,I am a noob.The video is download from facebook by online tool.I know the problem but I can't sfine the way to encode the code.I find lots in internet and I knew that I can strip the metadata. I downloaded the app called Mp3tap but I didn't knew how to control because I am not an English natural speaker.
Can everyone help me?
The problems:

Code: Select all

Setting Faceswap backend to CPU
There was an error reading from the Nvidia Machine Learning Library. Either you do not have an Nvidia GPU (in which case this warning can be ignored) or the most likely cause is incorrectly installed drivers. If this is the case, Please remove and reinstall your Nvidia drivers before reporting.Original Error: NVML Shared Library Not Found
No GPU detected. Switching to CPU mode
07/05/2021 16:33:46 INFO     Log level set to: INFO
07/05/2021 16:33:46 WARNING  There was an error reading from the Nvidia Machine Learning Library. Either you do not have an Nvidia GPU (in which case this warning can be ignored) or the most likely cause is incorrectly installed drivers. If this is the case, Please remove and reinstall your Nvidia drivers before reporting.Original Error: NVML Shared Library Not Found
07/05/2021 16:33:46 WARNING  No GPU detected. Switching to CPU mode
07/05/2021 16:33:50 INFO     Output Directory: C:\Users\Thomas\OneDrive\桌面\face\FaceA
07/05/2021 16:33:53 ERROR    Got Exception on main handler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\faceswap\lib\cli\launcher.py", line 181, in execute_script
    process = script(arguments)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\faceswap\scripts\extract.py", line 45, in __init__
    self._images = ImagesLoader(self._args.input_dir, fast_count=True)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\faceswap\lib\image.py", line 961, in __init__
    self._get_count_and_filelist(fast_count, count)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\faceswap\lib\image.py", line 1065, in _get_count_and_filelist
    self._count = int(count_frames(self.location,
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\faceswap\lib\image.py", line 788, in count_frames
    output = process.stdout.readline().strip()
The crash report
[url]file:///C:/Users/Thomas/faceswap/crash_report.2021.07.05.163350751533.log[/url]
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp950' codec can't decode byte 0x8c in position 68: illegal multibyte sequence

Post by torzdf »

If you can't strip the metadata then use the EFFMPEG tool to split the video into separate frames and run convert on that (Tools > Effmpeg)

My word is final