Double eyebrow problem after conversion

Got questions or tips about the Conversion process? This is the place to discuss them.

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Converting faces from your trained model.

If you are having issues with the Convert process not working as you would expect, then you should post in the Convert Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

beetroot

Double eyebrow problem after conversion

Post by beetroot »

Hello, I am facing a 'double eyebrow' problem after conversion, where the converted person has one of their eyebrows doubled. I have added the extended mask to the conversion process by specifying '-M extended' in the command, but the double eyebrow problem is still present.
Are there any other possible solutions to this problem?
Your inputs will be greatly appreciated. :)

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Double eyebrow problem after conversion

Post by torzdf »

Generally the extended mask fixes it in most issues. Use the preview tool to adjust the mask erosion and blending settings to get it how you need it.

My word is final

beetroot

Post by beetroot »

Thanks for the reply :D
Unfortunately, I am doing the conversion through command line and am not able to use the GUI.
Is there something wrong with my input command?
My input command is
python faceswap.py convert -i ~/faceswap/[pathToVideo].mp4 -al ~/faceswap/[pathToVideo'sAlignments].fsa -o ~/faceswap/converted/ -m ~/faceswap/[modelDir] -M extended -s

for a swapping of person B to A with mask set to extended

Ive noticed that the converted face with the mask and the converted face without the mask look identical.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

No, that looks fine.

However, the amount of blending on the mask and the extract box will impact how much of the edges are eroded out.

You should be able to copy your model and files to a local machine and run the preview tool there (It might be a bit slow to update to new preview images not using a GPU but should certainly be usable) and then copy your convert settings back to the convert.ini file on your headless machine.

It's also worth noting that, generally, training at 62.5% coverage is likely to crop just above the eyebrows, so you may not be able to fix double eyebrows in this instance (example from the Training guide):

My word is final

beetroot

Post by beetroot »

Thanks! I played with the amount of blending in the extraction config file and that fixed it :)