Convert + Alignments - Common Problems MegaThread

Got questions or tips about the Conversion process? This is the place to discuss them.

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Converting faces from your trained model.

If you are having issues with the Convert process not working as you would expect, then you should post in the Convert Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: General Convert

Post by torzdf »

desertskye wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:31 am

it seems that I'm swapping the face, but only the face from middle of forehead to chin. Is there a way to swap the whole image including background, where the new face is moving?

Generally, no. Faceswapping works well with faces because features in training sets tend to not change too much. With backgrounds/hair etc, it is a lot more features to change, meaning a lot more information to learn, which the model doesn't tend to have space for.

If it's only going halfway up the forehead, you will probably need to up the coverage a bit (there is a visual guide to coverage in the extract guide).

desertskye wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:57 pm

do I use (for example) the faces from one of obama's speeches or faces from multiple different obama speeches? Thanks

More variety from more sources is better than 1 source.

My word is final

Ta1kativ

Confused about alignment files and getting a mask error

Post by Ta1kativ »

Hi, this is my first time trying to do a deepfake, so I've been following this video:

First off, I've been running the program for 115 hours and it has over 1 million iterations and it still looks horrible, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better the more I train it. I should probably mention that it starts to run really really slowly after a few hours. For example, if I leave it on overnight, when I try to close it out, it will take minutes. The program will be so sluggish that it takes a few minutes for a button click to register. I don't know why this is happening or if it is affecting the training process...

Despite this, I'm getting kinda tired of this project, so I decided that I would try to export what I have anyway. When I tried to convert it, though, it says that I need an alignment file. I have no clue what this is or how to get one, and in the video tutorial that I've been following, the person does not put any alignment file in and it seems to work fine. Anyway, it told me that I could just enable on-the-fly alignment, so that's what I did...

And now that I've done that, I'm getting this error:

You have selected the Mask Type extended but at least one face does not have this mask stored in the Alignments File.
You should generate the required masks with the Mask Tool or set the Mask Type option to an existing Mask Type.
A summary of existing masks is as follows:
Total faces: 0, Masks: {}

Again, I'm new to this, so I don't know how to use the mask tool. Does anyone know how I can fix these problems? Thanks!

torzdf

Re: Confused about alignment files and getting a mask error

Post by torzdf »

You need to generate an alignments file for the video you intend to swap faces onto.

See the extract guide here for fuller details:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27

My word is final

seafish

How do I change a particular face

Post by seafish »

I'm new to Faceswap, and I needed multiple faces in the video. During the extraction process, I deleted all the irrelevant faces and updated the alignment file according to the tutorial in the forum. But in the final conversion, I noticed that all the faces in the video had been replaced. Please ask how this should be solved. Thank you very much and sorry for my poor English! :D

abigflea
Answers: 2

Re: How do I change a particular face

Post by abigflea »

Somewhere you have managed to leave the faces included. I did this a couple times at first.

so you

1. extracted every frame from the to-convert video
  2. looked in the extract faces folder, deleted all the 'other' faces.
  3. then Tools-> Alignments --> Remove-Faces

Try it again. You seem really close to being correct.

:o I dunno what I'm doing :shock:
2X RTX 3090 : RTX 3080 : RTX: 2060 : 2x RTX 2080 Super : Ghetto 1060

seafish

Post by seafish »

abigflea wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:16 pm

Somewhere you have managed to leave the faces included. I did this a couple times at first.

so you

1. extracted every frame from the to-convert video
  2. looked in the extract faces folder, deleted all the 'other' faces.
  3. then Tools-> Alignments --> Remove-Faces

Try it again. You seem really close to being correct.

First of all, thank you very much for your answer. The above steps seem to be consistent with the tutorials given in the forum, and I followed them, but the results of the conversion are not very good. :cry: I'm now a little skeptical that this problem has anything to do with my short training time, which is now about 20 hours and about 250,000 iterations. I don't know if there is any other solution. But thanks again for your answer! :) :)

seafish

Post by seafish »

The problem seems to be solved!This is really a stupid mistake! :shock: I forgot to add the alignment file during the conversion process, haha. :lol: :lol: :lol:

geoxyz123

Flickering Faces

Post by geoxyz123 »

I am currently facing an issue during the conversion which I have not had before (version 1.0):

The faces on the resulting video are flickering, i.e. the new face is only attached to the video once every few frames. I have faced this problem before when I used the "on the fly" option for the alignments file. When I provided an alignments file for the source images, this problem never occurred. Now, however, the problem remains even if I provide an alignments file.

I did not provide the alignments file for the training. Is this a possible reason for the issue? If so, why has it never been a problem before. I am kinda confused, as I am running the conversion and training in the exact same ways as I used to before. But the issue is new to me.

Thanks in advance.

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Flickering Faces

Post by bryanlyon »

The alignment file needs to have every face identified for the conversion process. If it's flickering then chances are you extracted with EEN > 1. This means that some frames were skipped during the extract process. To make a convert alignments you need to make sure that every frame is extracted.

FuorissimoX

TOOLS & CONVERT GUIDE

Post by FuorissimoX »

I think I understand that to get a better result, it is necessary to work in the "Tools" section before proceeding with the training. But there are many functions that I don't understand.

Can you make a guide for this section too, as you did for EXTRACT and TRAINING?

Manual Tool – Exclusive Patron Beta Access exactly what contain?

Many thanks

bryanlyon
Site Admin

Re: TOOLS & CONVERT GUIDE

Post by bryanlyon »

The Manual tool is now publicly available. It's guide is part of the extract guide viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27#manual . That guide also has a guide on the basics of the Sort tool (sort-by-face being all 90% of users should ever need).

FuorissimoX

Re: TOOLS & CONVERT GUIDE

Post by FuorissimoX »

Thank you so much. I have to study SOOOOOO much.

Did you see my post about my first deep fake? I really appreciate if you can learn me

Lapidoth

No alignment found

Post by Lapidoth »

Hello,

I am trying to convert just to see how it looks at about roughly 45k iterations. My first try had 80k+ iterations, but I ran into an error that forced me to start over. Now, while converting, it keeps saying "No alignment found".

The videos I've seen on conversion don't enter anything for Alignments, but the program would not proceed unless I put one in there.

Anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

bryanlyon
Site Admin

Re: No alignment found

Post by bryanlyon »

This has been answered many times in this forum.
here is one: viewtopic.php?p=2176#p2176

Lapidoth

Post by Lapidoth »

Thanks for the reply - So, in this case, I would just extract the source video again and use that alignments file?

I've tried the four generated during this session and none worked.

Thanks again.

bryanlyon
Site Admin

Post by bryanlyon »

Yes, you need an alignment file for the video itself, extracted at EEN = 1 and cleaned following viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27#manual_conv . It's important to make sure every face you want swapped is identified and aligned properly and that no other faces are in that alignments file.

hello1133

convert but No alignments file found.

Post by hello1133 »

I has train data, and finish the step, also save the file at folder,
but when I start convert just show process exited.
please help tell me how can I to fix the problem. thanks!!

==========================================================================

Code: Select all

Setting Faceswap backend to NVIDIA
02/05/2021 17:35:07 INFO     Log level set to: INFO

02/05/2021 17:35:11 INFO     Loading Writer from Ffmpeg plugin...
02/05/2021 17:35:11 ERROR    No alignments file found. Please provide an alignments file for your destination video (recommended) or enable on-the-fly conversion (not recommended).

Process exited.
torzdf

Re: convert but No alignments file found.

Post by torzdf »

This issue and the solution is written directly in the error message you posted.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1083

My word is final