Masking hats and hair

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

emobe

Masking hats and hair

Post by emobe »

One thing I've always had trouble with is do I mask the hair + hats that are in the way of the face? I assume I do but wanted to confirm that this would improve the quality of the training sets. i.e on this picture below,

Is the photo above useable if I mask out the hair and hat that come in the way of the face? Not all the images are like this but some are so there are images with the eyebrows etc.

Secondly, do I need to adjust the alignment to "avoid" the hair on the right? Or is that just to get the general face shape and you then just mask the hair out?

Thanks in advance

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Masking hats and hair

Post by bryanlyon »

Mask out anything that you don't want to swap in. You might want to check out the new Bisenet masker. It gives you more options and accuracy.

emobe

Re: Masking hats and hair

Post by emobe »

Yeah I was reccomended this in the discord. That new masker definitely saves so much time! Thanks :)