Which mask to extract with

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Antipope1

Which mask to extract with

Post by Antipope1 »

I am about to start a new project.
My video A has a person eating a meal, so there will be constant obstructions on front of the face.. Food, drinks etc.

I will be using the manual tool to edit the mask for these obstructions.

My question is, which mask would work best for the extraction process, so that when I get to the manual tool there is less work to be done?

I know the obvious answer is vga-obstructed, however in the manual tool there is only the options to edit the components or extended masks.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, just thought I'd get the advice from people with experience before I go through the process.

The beginning of the end.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Which mask to extract with

Post by torzdf »

You can edit all masks in the manual tool.

To be honest, all of the masks have their advantages and drawbacks, and work differently on different sets.

My usual go-to are extended (because it's easy) or vgg-clear, but ymmv,

My word is final