An entire day gone

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

span

An entire day gone

Post by span »

I spent an entire day trying to get this software to work but always ended up with an error in the alignment file. Followed the guides but somehow kept getting an error message saying the folder had images that were not in the alignment file. This is always after I sort and delete the bad faces. I run the command to remove deleted pics from the file but it always reports that it found none. Tried deleting the file and just running the selected images through and creating a new alignment file but I end up getting the same error in training, that certain images were not in the alignment file. Never ending frustration. No idea where to go with this software right now so going back to DeepFaceLab so I can actually crank something out. Anyone else had issues like this?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: An entire day gone

Post by torzdf »

Make sure you are selected "remove-faces" in the alignments job and not "remove-frames"

My word is final

tthxalot

Post by tthxalot »

I just got this software and am having the exact same issue. I followed the guide to a T, so I'm not sure why this is happening.
"There are faces in the given folder that do not correspond to entries in the alignments file. Please check your data, and if neccesarry run the remove-faces job. To get a list of faces missing alignments entries, run with VERBOSE logging"

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

This is almost definitely a mistake which has been made somewhere in the process....

Unfortunately, without access to the images and the alignments file it is going to be very hard to diagnose.

My word is final

TacoDance

Post by TacoDance »

I've had the same issue.
I think the problem (which I've been hit or miss on solving) is that sometimes an alignment file gets re-generated in another folder. Then you have two alignment files and the instructions are a bit crap at telling us which to target in the data sections so we get weird errors. I ran into several times where I did the extract then sorted, then removed faces manually, ran the remove faces program, and did an alignment extraction and would get "0 faces have been extracted". The system needs to have a way to keep alignment files updated through out the process a bit better. Also it should have an option on where to archive the files. The archives seem to send the trainer for a loop when there is two alignment files or more in the folder with the images. Took me awhile to figure out I'm better off axing the alignment files that it archives and just keeping the single alignment file.

However, my new problem is, I've made a working model, I can even preview the outcome. However when I run the convert I get a good several thousand messages saying the alignment for an image wasn't found. And before anyone assumes I didn't clean my alignment file, I've done it maybe three times on the same set of images these last few days. So I'm left to assume since I have group of images from a folder (we will call this data set A), and a group of images from a folder originally extracted from a video for a model/trainer (We will call this data set B) and then the original video (Data set C) and the original video's extracted files (Data set D) I'm a bit confused much of the time on which data set's alignment file or folder the whole thing wants me to point to. And even going back and looking at the instructions it gets confusing because it will mention one of the above data sets as "Where you extracted after blah" but not which type of extraction, not which steps were done before, and nowhere does it mention if the file placement is actually a requirement or not. There is one step in extraction with a "IMPORTANT***" tag that mentions moving a data set's alignment file to within the file. But when I do that it seems to give errors where it can't find anything. I assume because you shouldn't actually be moving it after some update or something, but I don't really know how to check the alignment file to see if there is some dead link somewhere that the alignment file points to a folder that no longer has the images because they were moved out during a sort or some other step.

I've gone back through the same data set each about three times and the best I can figure out is, after you sort and clean the file, assume the alignments file is useless and just start at the extraction step again (the very first extraction not the alignment extract) then go directly to the alignment extraction, do not pass sort, do not clean the file, because there isn't anything left to sort or clean. Then use that to do your model/training/convert.

That at least has worked up to the convert step.

My understanding on how the workflow "Should" be done is:
Extract> Sort> Clean >Remove faces> Alignment Ext. > Train> (Repeat all the prior over with a second set of data) then model

After that for the video you plan to swap into you have to do:
Extract > sort> clean> Remove faces> alignment extraction > use to convert

However, the work flow I seem to get dragged into through something going wrong is:
Extract> Sort> Clean >Remove faces>Stop here and start over with extract, skip sort and clean after> Alignment Ext. > Train> (Repeat all the prior over with a second set of data) then model

And after that for the video I plan to swap onto:
Extract > sort> clean> Remove faces> Stop here and go back to extract then skip sort and clean> alignment extraction > use to convert
But even after this workflow I get results where seemingly the first/last image the system looks at for the swap gets plastered on ever scene of the end video over top of whatever might have happened behind it. Or, I end up with a video that has had no swapping done at all. (And no, I checked, I did select the correct direction for my model to make the swap, and the correct direction for the convert. I didn't switch A & B around.)

If it matters I'm working from an .mp4 to an .mp4 with a lot of folders with files(pics and alignments) in between.

Hopefully my struggle busing along will help you get a little further. I'm still lost on the last few steps though, but I"m thinking that is because I wasn't using the manual tools to fix masking and such but idk, we'll see...

GodsFavHuman

Post by GodsFavHuman »

I am guessing you are using the new alignment file it generates. This confused me as well. The new file generated is actually a backup of the alignment file. You continue to use the original alignment file. I wish this was more clear.