Manual Alignments Tool issues

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

MaCaWi

Manual Alignments Tool issues

Post by MaCaWi »

I'm seeing some weird behavior in the Manual alignment tool and I'm not sure if it is a bug, or if I am just misinterpreting things. I've been playing around with Faceswap for a few days, mostly just following the main guides from this forum.

As you can see in the video, selecting an image seems to throw off the mask. Note the preview before I select an image, and the resulting display. Using the "next frame" functions seems to throw everything off as well.

Thanks for any advice!

by torzdf » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:20 pm

The input to the manual tool should be frames or a video, not a faces folder.

Go to full post
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Manual Alignments Tool issues

Post by torzdf »

My word is final

MaCaWi

Re: Manual Alignments Tool issues

Post by MaCaWi »

torzdf wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:20 pm

I figured I was missing something simple... that did the trick.

Appreciate the help!

F_Again

Using Manual Tool with folder of images as source

Post by F_Again »

Hi
I've been using the manual tool with pretty good success on video based sources. However, I have a bunch of additional images in png format that I'm also trying to create alignments for for later training.

The Extract and Sort process go just fine. When I load the output into the manual tool, I get some wonky behavior. As noted in another thread, the alignments are all shifted off the extracted images each time I advance through the images. And when I go to extract the final faces based on the redone alignments, I get the error below.

Reading the threads, it seems like the manual tool really wants the extraction process to use video, not source images. Is that true? DId I miss a way to fix alignments if the source is a folder of distinct photos? Or am I being a noob and missing something obvious?

Any help appreciated.

Code: Select all

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\rshah\MiniConda3\envs\faceswap\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1883, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "C:\Users\rshah\MiniConda3\envs\faceswap\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 804, in callit
func(*args)
File "C:\Users\rshah\faceswap\tools\manual\detected_faces.py", line 370, in _monitor_extract
thread.check_and_raise_error()
File "C:\Users\rshah\faceswap\lib\multithreading.py", line 84, in check_and_raise_error
raise error[1].with_traceback(error[2])
File "C:\Users\rshah\faceswap\lib\multithreading.py", line 37, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "C:\Users\rshah\faceswap\tools\manual\detected_faces.py", line 417, in _background_extract
self._alignments.data[basename]["faces"] = final_faces
KeyError: '16123556_0.png'
bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Using Manual Tool with folder of images as source

Post by bryanlyon »

You can use images, but don't give it the folder of extracted faces, you need to give it the original folder you extracted from.

F_Again

Re: Using Manual Tool with folder of images as source

Post by F_Again »

... and there's my noob error. Thanks for the quick reply!