Using Manual Tool Properly

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

deepfakesweb

Using Manual Tool Properly

Post by deepfakesweb »

Sorry if this has been asked and answer, I've searched forum for how to use the Manual Tool to clean alignments but I haven't seen anything. Please direct me to the guide if there is one and if not I'll ask here:

Most of the time, the frontal face shots are always perfect, but when I get profile shots, some of the time the landmarks/mesh is off.

When they are off, I delete the face and make a bounding box around face. It creates an approximate outline of the face but it is not exact.

My question is, does it need to be exact? do we need to correct every individual landmark? Is there an easier way or am i completely missing something?

Thanks

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Using Manual Tool Properly

Post by bryanlyon »

For training, I recommend just deleting the poor profiles. To be clear: Poor profiles is when the profile isn't centered and facing the right direction.

For convert, you need every face that you want to swap. However, it might be best to choose a better clip to convert if there are a lot of profiles.

deepfakesweb

Post by deepfakesweb »

Hey bryan,

sorry for asking for to elaborate on this after you said "to be clear" lol. But I'm not entirely sure what you mean by profile not centered and facing the right direction.

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »