Manual Tool - Mask not updating with changes to bounding box

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Replicon

Manual Tool - Mask not updating with changes to bounding box

Post by Replicon »

I think I'm starting to get the hang of the manual tool. One thing I'm not sure is intentional or a bug is how the mask gets recalculated when changing things.

I noticed this when adding alignments for frames that were missing them, but had clear faces.

Basically, I use the bounding box tool to create a bounding box, and get it to look like it's correctly identifying the face.

Then I move to look at the mask view, and the mask that's generated seems to be based on the old/original location of the bounding box (where I first clicked to create it, before sizing/moving/tuning it).

To fix it, I have to go to the other box editor (location box? the green one), and make a change (e.g. slide it by a few pixels), at which point, if I go back into the mask view, it's correctly regenerated based on the landmarks.

Is this a bug? I think it might be, since redetecting landmarks by moving the bounding box should probably also regenerate the mask.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Manual Tool - Mask not updating with changes to bounding box

Post by torzdf »

It should. I will need to check. I will look when I have a chance (may not be for a while).

Thanks for the heads up. I'm tagging your post with bug to remind me to revisit.

My word is final

Replicon

Post by Replicon »

Sweet thanks!

It's easy to work around, but the extra clicks add up if doing many frames.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

Does this issue still occur for you? I have attempted to recreate but it all seems to work fine for me.

My word is final

Replicon

Post by Replicon »

Yes, but I have not yet done a faceswap update on my box since the first time installing. I'll re-install to get the latest and get back to you... hopefully I can just run the install script and it'll do a graceful update.

Replicon

Post by Replicon »

OH! Looks like you can update through the UI. I just did, and it looks good now, mask is propagating with box change. Thanks for the fix!