Looks like Bisenet-Fp +Ears needs a larger extract box since ears get cut off

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

swapration

Looks like Bisenet-Fp +Ears needs a larger extract box since ears get cut off

Post by swapration »

Bisenet-FP with ears option selected is currently broken since the ears get cut off as the face turns towards a side. Looks like it needs a larger extract box like Bisenet-Fp Head.

Tags:
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Looks like Bisenet-Fp +Ears needs a larger extract box since ears get cut off

Post by torzdf »

Thanks for the heads up. It's something I may look at in future, but it's not a huge priority for me might now (complication vs benefit ratio is a little off ;) )

I've tagged this with "Suggestion" for me to review if/when I get time

My word is final

swapration

Re: Looks like Bisenet-Fp +Ears needs a larger extract box since ears get cut off

Post by swapration »

I was able to fix it by making the ears option use 'head' centering - editing line 34 in bisenet_fp.py to:

self._storage_centering = "head" if self.config["include_hair"] or self.config["include_ears"] else "face"

Tested out the segment options, it's cool how well bisenet_fp can pick and choose so many parts, ended up adding the option to add/remove earrings and neck too to make editing certain things out (or in) faster. Wish there was a way to make the mask include the edge of the face even if it includes some background.