Q: Adding Source Frames After Extraction?

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Khyron

Q: Adding Source Frames After Extraction?

Post by Khyron »

I feel like there is an obvious answer to this, but I haven't seen it talked about on the forums or in the guides or on the FAQ (please excuse me if I just missed it). I also don't know if this belongs here or on the support forum, but this one felt better in my heart ("...understanding... and preparing face sets...").

My question is whether or not one is able to generate alignments (in the alignments file) for frames (images) added to the source folder after the initial extraction/detection.

I am doing a swap from one set of images to another set of images (no source/reference video). After I did my first extraction, I was able to use the Manual tool to clean up my alignments file. I then did training with my model for some time, and eventually decided that I wasn't getting the results I wanted. Naturally I tried to add more images to the source folder.

I didn't want to re-extract the entire folder and clean every alignment again, so I tried going to the Manual tool to generate some alignments for only the new images I'd added (I'm not sure if Manual is the correct tool for this, but it's the only tool that I know how to use). I was unable to find the new images with the Manual tool (They didn't appear on the list of frames).

One thing I did notice is that Manual tool is detecting the correct number of frames in the folder, it's just not able to display all of them for some reason. (ie, Starting with 500 images and adding 50, the Manual tool will count to frame 500/550 and not allow going to the next frame). I'm not sure if this is pertinent to the extraction issue that I'm having, but it's worth noting.

If there is a simple solution (or a difficult one), please let me know what it is. I think it might be something that I'm doing wrong on my end, because (I assume) this is an issue which a lot of people would run into (and ask about on the forums).

Sorry if I'm being really ignorant here and missing something easy. Thanks.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Q: Adding Source Frames After Extraction?

Post by torzdf »

I believe you can extract from the same folder as you originally extracted from and select the "skip existing" option, to only extract from images that don't already appear in the alignments file.

I rarely, if ever, use images as sources, hence why I'm a bit vague on it.

My word is final

Khyron

Re: Q: Adding Source Frames After Extraction?

Post by Khyron »

Thanks, but I think I messed up my alignment file somewhere along the way. Extracting using the "Skip existing" feature doesn't skip any of the existing frames, it just extracts them all again.

I made a separate test set of data to troubleshoot the error. After extracting the test set and then adding new frames to it, the "Skip existing" feature works perfectly fine, and does exactly what I need it to.

I have no idea how I broke my alignment file, but it's not important (I suspect that it might have to due with me using the Manual tool with additional frames in the folder that didn't match the alignment file, but I'm not familiar enough with how the software works to diagnose that). I'm just going to be working off of the new set now.

Thanks again, I figured it must have been something obvious like that. Don't know how I missed it.