Q - extracting *only* a training set from swap b

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

ben

Q - extracting *only* a training set from swap b

Post by ben »

i followed the guide several times.
just want to know if i understand.
when extracting only a training set from swap b, i just extract every N - half a sec to a sec frames, with the desirable mask? and thats it?

considering there is only 1 face in swap b and no need to sort and stuff, is there no need to firstly fix alighnments for swap b? with the manual tool and so on? and then extract the swap b's faces from the fixed alighnment file?

is the mask applied correctly on extracted faces with no any alighnments?

i know that there are a lot of swapping options but i gave this example just for the sake of this question

thanks

Last edited by ben on Sun May 21, 2023 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Q - extracting *only* a training set from swap b

Post by torzdf »

ben wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:22 pm

when extracting only a training set from swap b, i just extract every N - half a sec to a sec frames, with the desirable mask? and thats it?

Yes.

considering there is only 1 face in swap b and no need to sort and stuff, is there no need to firstly fix alighnments for swap b? with the manual tool and so on? and then extract the swap b's faces from the fixed alighnment file?

Yeah, I generally don't bother fixing up just training data. I just visually scan through the extracted faces and delete any obviously misaligns/false-positives

If you select the required mask at extract time, this will be fine, yes. Otherwise you can add masks on with the Mask tool.

My word is final

ben

Post by ben »

If you select the required mask at extract time, this will be fine, yes. Otherwise you can add masks on with the Mask tool.

from the guide: "Mask Generation - Identify the parts of an aligned face"
so as said, the mask is generated according to the alignment. so if i dont fix alignments it might end with masks not aligned correctly on the face..?

you scan it with the manual tool or in the folder?

but from what you said for training i can just extract straight from the source with the mask and not from an alignment file..
just trying to understand

thanks

Last edited by torzdf on Thu May 25, 2023 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
torzdf

Post by torzdf »

ben wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:11 am

so as said, the mask is generated according to the alignment. so if i dont fix alignments it might end with masks not aligned correctly on the face..?

If you use landmarks based masks (extended/components) then it is generated from the alignments, yes, in which case you would want the landmarks to be correct. If you use NN based masks (eg. bisenet-fp) then the mask is generated directly from the aligned face image. The landmarks do not enter in to it at all.

My word is final

ben

Post by ben »

ookk

thanks!

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

I'm not sure what you mean by more complicated? It just generates the masks a different way (by filling in the area between landmark points, rather than using a Neural Network to create the mask). All the masks are stored exactly the same way, regardless of how they were originally created

My word is final