Steps for using the new manual alignment tool

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

AaronLaw

Steps for using the new manual alignment tool

Post by AaronLaw »

Dear faceswap:

The new version of the manual alignment tool is being used. Since the previous manual alignment tool is not used, the operation steps are not well understood:

1. Is the new manual alignment tool for face pictures that have already been extracted, or is it for extracting face pictures directly from the original pictures of Frames?

2. After manually adjusting each face, how to save these adjusted face pictures and update the route file?

Can you briefly describe the steps, thank you!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Steps for using the new manual alignment tool

Post by torzdf »

1. Is the new manual alignment tool for face pictures that have already been extracted, or is it for extracting face pictures directly from the original pictures of Frames?

It's for working with already generated alignment files, and fixing/adding alignments to existing files.

1. After manually adjusting each face, how to save these adjusted face pictures and update the route file?

There is a "save" button for saving the alignments file under the frame preview towards the right hand side. (ctrl+s also works)

My word is final

AaronLaw

Post by AaronLaw »

In fact, after manually adjusting the face alignment, I did click the Save button, but the facial image generated before was not updated to the facial image after my manual adjustment.

However, the GPU's memory is always fully loaded, I wonder if it is normal.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

The preview image in the bottom display? That updates live.

If you mean the output face image in the faces folder, then you need to re-extract the faces with the alignments tool after adjusting the landmarks.

GPU is fully loaded, as the FAN aligner is loaded with the manual tool.

My word is final

AaronLaw

Post by AaronLaw »

Thank you for your patience. I see.