Not able to extract MacOS -- Log level set to INFO

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

catch22

Not able to extract MacOS -- Log level set to INFO

Post by catch22 »

This may be a silly predicament and an easy fix but....

When running the python script faceswap.py for either trying to extract images or even just opening the gui, the only return I get is the current time and "Log level set to: INFO". I don't receive any error messages, and I believe I have all of the packages correctly installed. Do any of you know of a fix for getting the script to run based off of that output I'm receiving?

Addendum: I was previously getting error messages when I was missing some of the required libraries, but now those error messages are gone, and all I'm getting is that log level message.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Not able to extract -- Log level set to INFO

Post by torzdf »

What OS? How did you install Faceswap?

My word is final

catch22

Post by catch22 »

Mac OS X. And I installed it through extracting the folder from github onto an external drive.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

Ok, that's an unsupported way to install Faceswap....

We will do a proper guide for macOS at some point in future, but the steps are somewhat the same as the Linux install guide here:
https://faceswap.dev/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68

You can skip the step about downloading and installing Ubuntu.
Also, do a google search for git and install it for macOS (rather than running the `apt install' line in the instructions)

You will also need to install XQuartz for macOS

My word is final

catch22

Post by catch22 »

Thanks for the help.

Follow up question: Is there currently any support for Intel Iris GPU's? I have the Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, so I fear I'm out of luck..

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

There is no official support. However, There is minimal support under PlaidML. Because your card is limited to 1.5gb I don't believe you'll get anything working (and it'll be extremely slow at best).