Full Head Extraction

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

misam

Full Head Extraction

Post by misam »

Hi
Is it possible to extract whole head(face and hair)?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: [Guide] Extraction - A Workflow

Post by torzdf »

It is possible, yes, but you'll need to go into the code and change things.

Faceswap assumes a fixed "coverage" (i.e. how much of the face is extracted), If this is changed at extract stage, then it will also need to be changed throughout the codebase.

My word is final

ericpan0513

Re: [Guide] Extraction - A Workflow

Post by ericpan0513 »

Hi, I would also like to ask about the whole head thing.
I was swapping faces between normal and hairless person, so the result looks really weird cuz the person suddenly gets a lot of hair and is hard to be recognized by his friends. But yet I didn't found the code you just said, can you give a hint where that "coverage" code may be? Thank you!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Full Head Extraction

Post by torzdf »

To clarify. There isn't 1 place this would need to be changed. It would need to be changed in many, many places in the codebase.

Full head is something we will look at for the future, but there is no easy solution at present.

My word is final

FuorissimoX

Post by FuorissimoX »

That would be great because completely changing your head would make the swap much more credible. Currently it is necessary to do this between people with similar hair and head size. It would be a new, much higher level. I am waiting this update with excitement :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The problem is to recreate space outside head, especially for big hair head

FuorissimoX

Post by FuorissimoX »

I understand it is inelegant to talk about other programs on this forum, but a batch has just been added to replace the head on DFL. Is it your goal or are you not currently working on it?