Non Human faces

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Slacker

Non Human faces

Post by Slacker »

I was wanting to do a swap with with a Disney animal character (from the jungle book) and a real face (mine). The problem is, I can't extract the animal face from the video. It sees the human characters, but not the animal ones.

I tried a search for nonhuman, Disney, and animal and all that came up was:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129&p=406&hilit=animal#p406

But that just has the line "(Dfaker == Villian) > Unbalanced > (DFL-H128 == Original ) > Lightweight in my personal opinion... IAE is its own special animal."

Which isn't anything to do with what I'm trying to do.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible with this software?

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. I feel that if I could just get it to extract from the film, it would be set.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Non Human faces

Post by torzdf »

Ultimately our extract code is specifically designed to work with faces. To get aligned non-human characters, you'd either need to find an AI, prebuilt, that will generate 68 point landmarks for animated characters (unlikely one would exist), or manually annotate 68 point landmarks on every frame you want to extract the face from (not feasible).

That's a long way of saying, you're basically out of luck. Sorry.

My word is final

Slacker

Re: Non Human faces

Post by Slacker »

No worries, I figured that would be the case. On the plus side, it does pick up human animated characters. It just won't do things like Baloo.