Face obstructions

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Antipope1

Face obstructions

Post by Antipope1 »

When creating a faceswap, some parts of my video A have obstructions, e.g. Hands, drinks etc.
When using the obstructed mask for training, some of the obstructions are either blurred or completely removed once I convert.
Is it possible to delete individual points from the alignments on selected frames to essentially go around the obstructions?
For example, some frames in video A has the person with a hand or hair in front of their face, and training seems to blur the obstructions and place the face from video B over the hand/hair instead of behind it. Is it possible to delete the points of the particular alignment that should be behind the video A obstructions to stop face B blurring over them?
I hope that makes sense!

by torzdf » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:34 am

Yes, but it's a but laborious at present. We are looking at better masking options.

However, you can edit masks with the manual tool, which will do what you want. It can take a very long time though.

Go to full post
The beginning of the end.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Face obstructions

Post by torzdf »

Yes, but it's a but laborious at present. We are looking at better masking options.

However, you can edit masks with the manual tool, which will do what you want. It can take a very long time though.

My word is final

Antipope1

Re: Face obstructions

Post by Antipope1 »

Thanks!
I have used the manual tool, it can take a while depending on the length of the video, especially if being picky like I am ( I know they don't all have to be perfect, but I try to get close as), however the results are definitely worth it!
It would be great if there was a tool to manually mask out obstructions so they don't get covered, I'm not sure what it would take to create a tool like that but it would almost completely solve my problem.

Who knows what the future holds!

The beginning of the end.