Mismatch in frame numbers

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

iguana314

Mismatch in frame numbers

Post by iguana314 »

Hi,

I am doing the "Manually Fix Alignments" as outlined in the guide. I would like to use this video for extraction (eg, I am removing the faces from this video). Everything up to now has worked perfectly.

At this point, I have two alignment files:
Video_A_Extracting_alignments.fsa
Video_A_Extracting_alignments_20200912_005943.fsa

I believe the second (longer named file) is generated during the clean alignments file step.

When I try to manually, clean, I select the auto generated file. I get the following error:
There is a mismatch between the number of frames found in the video file (3025) and the number of frames found in the alignments file (3026).

It seems odd as the number of frames is different by exactly one. If it was a variable frame rate it would be a different count than one. I'm not sure as to the other possible cause which is "a merged alignments file".

I have also tried using the original alignments file with no luck.

Can anyone please advise?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Mismatch in frame numbers

Post by torzdf »

Generally speaking, these "out by 1" errors occur when there is an issue with the video, whether that be VFR, or (more likely in your case), when the video has been cropped on a non-keyframe which is causing a count mismatch. Unfortunately the only real advice there is either fix the video, or extract the video to a folder of frames (effmpeg tool) and extract from those. Due to the manual tool needing frame accurate timing, it is stricter than the extract process (which does not).

To some of your other points:

iguana314 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:06 am

At this point, I have two alignment files:
Video_A_Extracting_alignments.fsa
Video_A_Extracting_alignments_20200912_005943.fsa

I believe the second (longer named file) is generated during the clean alignments file step.

The longer named filename is the last backup. So if you extracted frames, then cleaned out faces, Video_A_Extracting_alignments.fsa is the alignment file that has had the faces cleaned out and Video_A_Extracting_alignments_20200912_005943.fsa is the original file from the extract.

My word is final