Training advice

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Northie

Training advice

Post by Northie »

I started working in Faceswap just for fun a few days ago. My first project is to swap the faces on two different pictures. I let the training run for 3 hours but I don't know how long should I run it. I know that it could take weeks but I doubt that with two pictures. I've seen a video but in that the creator stops it after 50 hours of training, although he was making a video. So I have no idea how long I should run this. Any advice on how long should I run the training or will there be some message that will let me know when this is done?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Training advice

Post by torzdf »

If you're just training on 2 pictures, then the answer is it will never be ready.

Otherwise, sadly, the answer is "it's ready when it's done". There are no real hard and fast answers.

However, bear in mind that everyone's first swap is nearly always terrible.

If you haven't looked at the guides in this and the Extract forum, then do, it will give you a better idea of what to expect and do.

My word is final