Is one sided Training Possible?

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

ugramund

Is one sided Training Possible?

Post by ugramund »

First of all, let me make it clear that I have a very basic knowledge of computers & know nothing about machine learning, neural network etc.
I am trying Faceswap just for fun. The only thing I understood by reading different articles from various websites is that
Encoder - is something that reads a face
Decoder - is something that draws a face based on the information it gets from an encoder

So why is that Faceswap is learning to draw both from A->B & B->A, when in most of the cases (I am sure in more than 95% cases) we only want to do one way swapping. I understand that an application needs to read both the faces but why it has learn to draw both A & B faces.

So is it possible that Faceswap reads both A & B faces but it learns only to draw face B on face A?
If so will it result in faster training & less VRAM usage and is there a chance that Faceswap developers will include this option of one sided training?

Again, I want to end this post by saying that please forgive me if I am asking some stupid question but I think many non technical people like me would be having the same doubt.

Thank you. :)

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Is one sided Training Possible?

Post by torzdf »

My word is final