Updating facesets during training now alignments are no longer required

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Fubared

Updating facesets during training now alignments are no longer required

Post by Fubared »

I think I've worked out one of the advantages of the alignments update, after initially being confused when I couldn't find Merge in the Jobs list.

Now that alignments are not needed for training and we don't need to merge facesets / alignments, can we now add and remove faces from a paused training model to update and improve the data?

• I've produced B facesets from various videos, cleaned up etc during extraction as usual, these now have the alignment info stored within the image file
  • I've simply placed all these B facesets into the same folder for training (replacing the old Merge method)
  • If I now produce more B facesets through extraction that include the alignment data in the image files, can I just drop these into the B faceset training folder? And simply remove any faces already in that folder I want to replace / remove?

Nice update, thanks

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Updating facesets during training now alignments are no longer required

Post by torzdf »

Yep. That's the idea. I want to remove the complication of an alignments file serving 2 purposes, and this is a step towards that.

My word is final