Would it be possible to mitigate the requirement for similar face-shapes by including the neck in the masks?

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Absimiliard

Would it be possible to mitigate the requirement for similar face-shapes by including the neck in the masks?

Post by Absimiliard »

I've been dabbling a bit and I'm enjoying and improving each go-round. The limitation of similar face-shapes has been a bit of a thorn in my side however.

In my first attempt one face had a pronounced chin (kinda circular with certain facial expressions) and the other has a barely visible cleft. The chins were quite distinct and, because I had trained with only 75% coverage on the "Face", was not included in the swap. A decided to train again with 100% coverage on "Legacy" which usually included the chin and forehead. The results looked like they might be better but the chins still didn't really work.

I started to wonder if the chin was not on the border of the input images and I manually included the necks in the mask if the NN would resize the chin like it does other features. I have 20,000+ images to manually edit before I give it a go and I thought it might be best to ask if it might even work here before I tried.