Noob questions on training model for multiuse

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

bqboonk

Noob questions on training model for multiuse

Post by bqboonk »

Hey all, i'm new to faceswapping, and i'm trying to understand how this works.
So a couple of newbie questions:

I have 1 video of person A, and 1 video of person B, then i'll be able to swap the faces on those 2 videos.
But now i get a new video of person B, can i use the model i just trained on this new video, or will i have to train another model for the new video?

I guess my overall question is, is the model i train, a model to morph face A into face B, and vice versa?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Noob questions on training model for multiuse

Post by torzdf »

I'm fairly sure that this question has been asked and answered many times....

You train a model for 2 "identities" not 2 "videos". Once you have a model trained on a pair of individuals assuming it is well trained (see the guides and best practices), it can be used for any videos these 2 individuals are in (outside of fitting the model to the new data).

My word is final