Issues with hair and masking

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

gj23tm

Issues with hair and masking

Post by gj23tm »

Hello,

I'm having a bit of an issue in my outputs regarding extra hair, it seems to have been ignored by the vgg-obstructed masker and i think is causing the extra black lines/bleeding/tearing on the side of the face in the output. Can this be out-trained and just continue training until they disappear? Or should I just manually edit the masks one by one to exclude the hair?(i have 3k faces btw so not sure if there is a fast way to do that) btw ive used the dfaker model and vgg-obstructed mask.

Thanks a lot in advance

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Issues with hair and masking

Post by torzdf »

It would be good if you could provide an image illustrating what you mean.

If it is just some hair at the edges of the face, I would not worry too much, as you can probably fix this in the convert with a higher mask erosion setting. If it is more than this, then I would probably need to see what you mean.

My word is final

gj23tm

Post by gj23tm »

Here is a screenshot of the output, as seen on the side of the face there is an isolated hair which i think came from the face set im using.

Last edited by gj23tm on Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gj23tm

Post by gj23tm »

torzdf wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:51 am

It would be good if you could provide an image illustrating what you mean.

If it is just some hair at the edges of the face, I would not worry too much, as you can probably fix this in the convert with a higher mask erosion setting. If it is more than this, then I would probably need to see what you mean.

In addition, I think the trainer is using Extended mask, and not the vgg-obstructed mask, based on the previews. is there any way to force it to use vgg-obstructed mask during training?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

You should be able to fix that issue in convert.....

Yes you can change the mask, however you can only change mask for new models. Once a model has been started, the mask is "fixed" to that model.

See here for more information about selecting masks and where to set the option: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=146#config

My word is final

gj23tm

Post by gj23tm »

thanks.. i just saw the erosion settings and will try it... should be positive values right? so it reduces the size of the swapped area