Train to intermediate face "I"? eg train A-I, B-I, C-I to allow all 9 transfers A-I-C, B-I-A,...

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Hilbert92

Train to intermediate face "I"? eg train A-I, B-I, C-I to allow all 9 transfers A-I-C, B-I-A,...

Post by Hilbert92 »

I am new to this and have a basic question. As I understand, if I have three faces A,B and C, every pair I want to swap needs to be trained separately. This results in 9 combinations to train.

However, is it possible to train all faces against an intermediate face "I" first, and then make a two step transfer? Eg, train A-I, B-I and C-I. Then I can swap between all three faces using two steps: eg first A-I then I-C. This saves me from doing 6 trainings. Essentially every face only needs to be trained against "I".

Did somebody already try this? How is the quality degradation by doing the separate intermediate transfer?