Blurry faces after 500,000 iterations

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

mrearthpig

Blurry faces after 500,000 iterations

Post by mrearthpig »

Hi everyone.

I'm using the Realface model for a relatively simple swap (if there is such a thing) - no obstructions, mostly front on.

After 500,000 iterations the swap was still very blurry. And it appears now that the model has broken down. So, do I abandon this training and start again? Is there a setting I've missed?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2021-06-27 164247.png
Screenshot 2021-06-27 164247.png (86.54 KiB) Viewed 8759 times
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Blurry faces after 500,000 iterations

Post by torzdf »

Yeah, I think that model has collapsed. You can try rolling back to an earlier snapshot and lowering the learning rate.

You should look at the graphs in the analysis tab as it will hopefully give you an idea of when it failed and if it was still learning anything at that time.

My word is final