Face Coverage

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Signal

Face Coverage

Post by Signal »

In the Training Guide it states:

"Generally you would not want to set Face coverage below 75% as it centers the face differently from Legacy and may lead to issues. Any value above 62.5% is fine for Legacy centering."

This makes sense. But the defaults seem to be set for:

Face
Centering: Face
Coverage: 68.75

This seems to contradict what the guide states. Here is a result of how its showing in my preview with these defaults. I assume the Red Box is the training coverage area, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thoughts? Should I increase my Coverage?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Face Coverage

Post by torzdf »

This is a 'bug'.... IE when I introduced face centering and set it as default, it looks like I did not up the default coverage. I will amend this at some point (hence me tagging this post as bug). 68.75 coverage is a hangover from legacy centering.

In your particular example you're probably going to want to go to close to, or on, 100% due to the beard (beards are tricky!! Be warned!). Ultimately you are probably going to want chin to forehead all inside the red box that is shown.

My word is final

Signal

Re: Face Coverage

Post by Signal »

Thanks for the help, I will start making adjustments and see what it looks like