If you want to try multiple trainers, do you use a different model dir or the same one? Do they help each other?

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

unkempt

If you want to try multiple trainers, do you use a different model dir or the same one? Do they help each other?

Post by unkempt »

And if you do, do you choose which to use for conversion or does it figure that out on its own?

unkempt

Re: If you want to try multiple trainers, do you use a different model dir or the same one? Do they help each other?

Post by unkempt »

So I answered part of the question. Adding a different trainer just created new files in the same folder with the name of the trainer. It seems to be starting over so we'll see what happens. I'll try converting with one and then the other (if it gives me the choice). Otherwise maybe conversion blends them? I don't know yet... we'll see.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: If you want to try multiple trainers, do you use a different model dir or the same one? Do they help each other?

Post by torzdf »

Models are not compatible with each other. When you create a model you create a "graph" which is fundamentally fixed. Changing the model or settings to a model won't change the existing model.

You should keep different models in different folders to avoid complication further down the line.

My word is final

unkempt

Post by unkempt »

Fair enough (and matches my experimentation thus far). I'm going to try training on most/each of the varients on the same input to see which does better for the scenario I'm trying to do. Wish me luck (so far, H128 seems best).