Error while starting the training - Original error message: Image is None

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

pedro lara

Error while starting the training - Original error message: Image is None

Post by pedro lara »

this is my first attempt on training. Despite my inexperience, I think I've done my best in the extraction and got a pretty good set of images.
After a few minutes in the training I get a persisting error related to the images of the first training set. Every error report point to different imagesto blame for the error from the set , so I believe it might be something else.
I have no clue on how to include the report, so instruct me on that too
Please, provide a reasonable explanation
Attached is the crash report
Many thanks folks

Last edited by torzdf on Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
pedro lara

persistenet error

Post by pedro lara »

Hi all
I get a persisting error while trying to start my first training,
I would like to publish the error report , but frankly I can´t find a way to post the file since no file sharing is allowed but this is the part where the error show up:

Code: Select all

03/05/2023 02:53:29 MainProcess     ThreadPoolExecutor-184_1       image           read_image                     ERROR    Error while reading image. This can be caused by special characters in the filename ,or a corrupt image file: 'Z:\proyectos\2021_IA\clips\extraídos\landa\total_000001_0.png'. Original error message: Image is None

every time it fails is referring to a different image, so the error must be somewhere else

please help
thanks

Last edited by torzdf on Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: persisting error while starting the training

Post by torzdf »

To provide the crash report. you can just copy and paste the contents of the crash report here put the text inside a code block or put it on pastebin and post a link

However, it is unlikely to help here. "Image is None" means that OpenCV was unable to load the image. Unfortunately it is not possible to get more information from OpenCV than is listed here. If the image(s) referenced open fine for you locally, then most probably there is some kind of hardware issue (network connection issue if connecting to a network drive, or possibly a failing hard drive).

You could try loading the issues from a different location and see if that helps.

Last edited by torzdf on Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

My word is final