Suggestion for a best model for me and a swap issue

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Belenus Karter

Suggestion for a best model for me and a swap issue

Post by Belenus Karter »

Hi.

I am looking for a training model that is best fit for me. My system only has like 6GB vram max, and it's only safe for the training to take up at around 5.7 GB. I tried several models, like original and dfl-sae, but I would want to be sure before waiting for weeks of training.

I am looking for a model that can get very good results, but is possible to run on a 6GB vram. It is ok to have a slow training rate, like 1 batch per iteration to work, but to me having good results is king, time cost of training doesn't matter.

Then it's the swap issue. My previous swaps looked like someone wearing a mask: The difference in skin color is too obvious, and it's too blur. For the context, the model was a dfl-sae with 16 batches per iterations at 75000 iterations, and 128 px I guess? I know this ain't enough, so I think it's more of a training or model inefficiency rather than swap, so if the first question could solve this just forget it.

Thanks.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Suggestion for a best model for me and a swap issue

Post by torzdf »

6GB will be a challenge for high quality results. In terms of available models, then dfaker or dfl-sae are likely to be your best candidates. Once you are more comfortable with the process, then you can look to load one of these in Phaze-A (from a preset) and see if you can tweak it at all to get more out of it.

Ultimately "I am looking for a model that can get very good results, but is possible to run on a 6GB" is similar to saying "I want a Ferrari, but I only have $1000". It isn't going to happen. VRAM is your biggest limiting factor.

My word is final