Possible to pre-download relevant modules?

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

WhichWayToTheExit
Answers: 1

Possible to pre-download relevant modules?

Post by WhichWayToTheExit »

I know this might seem like a "why would you want to do that" sort of question, but:

I've noticed that when I begin a new project that is using a new module for the first time (an extractor, a masker, a model, etc), I can see in the application output that it first goes off to download the new module for the first time and unpack it.

I'm new to FS, hugely impressed, but still playing around with lots of the capabilities. If I am going to be traveling soon for a while, possibly with limited connectivity, and want to be able to continue to play around with new combos, is it possible to pre-download most of the modules ahead of time?

If not, not a show-stopper of course, but I was curious.

I'm running FS on Windows by the way.

Thanks!

WhichWayToTheExit

Re: Possible to pre-download relevant modules?

So now I just realized my question may have in fact been a dumb one. Not sure I even can delete my original post, but I'll leave it up anyway in hopes someone confirms.

But is that answer yes, and that I can actually just use Git to pull down the current repo and copy over the contents of the "plugins" folder, etc?

Thanks!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

The plugins folder has the code for the model plugins, but the saved weights are stored remotely, and downloaded when requested. The reason for this is that weights files can quickly add up to Gigabytes of information, so keeping track of these files in our repo is not feasible.

You can download the models ahead of time, but it will take a little bit of digging on your part, to get the right versions.... I may look to add an option to "download all models" to the GUI, so will put a pin in this.

The easiest way to get them is to just run an extract (1 image is fine), on each of the detectors, aligners and maskers. This will get all of the extraction based models. If you then run a "sort by face" once, this will give you the face recognition model, and you're good to go.

My word is final

WhichWayToTheExit

Hey thank you so much for the response. I'll probably do exactly that, just run a bunch of quick processes to make everything download ahead of time.