Totally lost on how to install on newest MacBook Air, macOS Big Sur

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Zaeyde

Totally lost on how to install on newest MacBook Air, macOS Big Sur

Post by Zaeyde »

Hi, can anyone please help me install Faceswap on my MacBook with the newest MacOS? I've got the newest one with the M1 chip.

I've looked at the tutorial, but it seems to be for Linux and Windows only, though the website says it's compatible with MacOS. I'm not computer illiterate, but this is a little new for me and I'm a quick learn.

Thank you in advance!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Totally lost on how to install on newest MacBook Air, macOS Big Sur

Post by torzdf »

Ok... M1 Macs are not currently supported and they are likely to remain that way until either someone gives me an M1 Mac (very unlikely) or someone decides to put in the work to see what it would take to get an M1 Mac working.... I can't see that happening any time soon either, I'm afraid.

My word is final

DrDreGFunk

Any M1 Mac Big Sur updates?

Post by DrDreGFunk »

Hello, I recently saw a post regarding something similar about this, however, it was posted last year. I was wondering if there's been any new update for M1 Big Sur Macs?

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Totally lost on how to install on newest MacBook Air, macOS Big Sur

Post by bryanlyon »

Unfortunately, we're still at the point where none of the developers have an M1 mac and so cannot develop for it.

If anyone who does have an M1 would like to give it a try, you can install https://developer.apple.com/metal/tensorflow-plugin/ the Plugin for tensorflow metal and see if you can get it working.

You will probably need to disable the pynvml calls since that library probably isn't available for M1.

We'll welcome any PRs (or donations of M1 equipped devices) but simply cannot develop for the M1 at this point.