"No GPU detected. Switching to CPU" when launching the application

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Doble7

"No GPU detected. Switching to CPU" when launching the application

Post by Doble7 »

Hello everybody,
This is my first time using anything related with AI and machine learning, so I don't know if I've done anything wrong during instalation. The problem is that when I try to launch the application (using the python faceswap.py gui command), I receive the following message:

Code: Select all

Setting Faceswap backend to NVIDIA
An unhandled exception occured loading pynvml. Original error: Uninitialized
No GPU detected. Switching to CPU mode

The program seems to work but, as the message says, when trying the extraction step it's the CPU which jumps to 100% while the GPU stays at 0% and the remaining time goes to more than 24h. Once again, I don't know if it is normal behaviour but I think it should be using the GPU instead of the CPU, right?

I'm using a Geforce GTX 960, with the 457.51 drivers (I was using a more recent version, but saw that pinned topic and downgraded it. I think I did it properly since everithng else seems to work).
I installed too CUDA 5.0, since it's the version listed here (actually it says version 5.2 is the one for my card, but only 5.0 is available).
Finally I've tried both the manual installation and using the installer for Windows 10, but it's the same result for both of them.

What can I do for making it work?
Thanks!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: "No GPU detected. Switching to CPU" when launching the application

Post by torzdf »

This message:

An unhandled exception occured loading pynvml. Original error: Uninitialized

Is specific to the latest drivers, so you may need to use DDU to remove the old graphics driver?

Also, you should remove any system installed versions of Cuda. We handle all of this for you with the installer, and installing system versions can lead to conflicts.

My word is final